Time to cook your Pinsa!
Preheat your oven and pan to 450 degrees
Bake for 18-23 minutes.
Start watching it at 18 minutes.
- Take your Pinsa out of the freezer and thaw it in the refrigerator. This can be done up to 2 days before you are going to cook it. Always defrost in the fridge—never on the counter!
- This allows the heat of the oven to cook your Pinsa, without having to defrost it first.
Crank the Oven
- Ovens in a Pizzeria cook at over 600 degrees.
- Your home oven can’t get that high, but most can go to 500. The hotter the oven- the quicker your Pinsa will cook.
- Preheat your oven, this is really important as you want the temperature to even out inside the oven.
Use a Pan
- When you preheat your oven, put you baking pan in. Let it get to same oven temperature.
- Your Pinsa crust was coked on a stone surface inside our oven. Stones are great because they retain the high temperatures and make the crust crispy.
Use Your Eyes
- Time is important, but use your eyes. Each oven is different, so use the timer as a base.
- Watch the crust- let it get really golden brown.
- Watch the cheese- let it get all melty and yummy.
- Don’t be afraid to use your broiler for a minute or so…to perfectly finish the Pinsa